Office of the Registrar-University of Rwanda

We serve students, faculty, staff, alumni and the world-wide community.

Student cards

Cards are issued free of charge.

However, when a student card is lost a student must pay a fee.

Here are requirements to get a new card :

• A letter addressed to the Registrar ;

• Pay a required fee which is currently Rwf 5, 000

• Attach a certificate of loss issued by the police.



Every regular and registered student can apply for this document which is valid for one year.

- Office to be approached:Academic Records Department
- Document submission : From Monday to Thursday : 7:00 am to 17:00 pm And Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:00PM 5 working days
- Costs :Payment of RW10, 000Frw or free for orphans with a recommendation of the Rwanda Social Security Board of Rwanda (RSSB)

-Documents required :



1. What is the service Am I eligible ?

Certification of Academic Transcripts and Certificates which is often required by foreign universities.

2. Department to be approached :

The Academic Registrar through the Deparment of Academic Records

3. When can I access the service ?

All 5 working days : From Monday to Thursday : 7:00 am to 17:00 pm And Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00pm

4. Time limit to access this service

One week maximum

5. The costs for accessing the service

Read More